Ready in: 15 minutes
- 15g butter
- 8 rashers rindless smoked streaky
- bacon, snipped into pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 400g fresh spaghetti
- 175g frozen peas
- 4 medium eggs
- 150ml single cream
- 50g mature Cheddar, finely grated
- garlic bread, to serve
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 5-6 minutes, until crisp. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes or according to the packet instructions, adding the peas 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
3. Beat together the eggs, single cream and half the cheese. Season to taste.
4. Drain the pasta; return to the pan. Toss the bacon and egg mixtures through the pasta and return briefly to a very low heat. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with garlic bread.
Per serving: 715 calories, 36.5g fat (16.8g saturated) 2.4g salt.