Delicate noodles, tender chicken and creamy coconut all combine in this easy to make Thai style dish. Serve as flavoursome starter or share between two for an easy to make dinner.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 as a starter
200g jar Singapore laksa paste
3 x finely sliced shalots
4 x thinly sliced chicken breasts
400ml coconut milk
300ml chicken stock
120g (2 nests) fine egg noodles or rice noodles
A few coriander leaves
1. Heat the Singapore laksa paste in a large pan.
2. Add three finely sliced shallots and four thinly sliced chicken breasts.
3. Cook for a couple of minutes to seal the chicken, then add the coconut milk and chicken stock.
4. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and add the beansprouts at the last minute to heat through. Meanwhile put the noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for five minutes.
5. Drain, divide the noodles between four bowls, then ladle over the soup and scatter with a few coriander leaves to serve.
Per serving: 621 Calories, 34.5g Fat (16.5g Saturated), 3.9g Salt