Ready in: 50 minutes
Price per head: Â£1.72
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes*
- 1Â½ tsp dried mixed herbs*
- 300g long-grain rice
- 650ml hot chicken stock, from 1 stock cube*
- double cream (optional)
1) Heat the oven to 190Â°C/375Â°F/gas 5 (170Â°C for fan ovens). Heat the oil and butter in a medium flameproof casserole. Add the onion and leek, season and cook for 6-8 minutes until soft. Stir through the chicken, garlic, chilli and dried herbs, and cook for a couple more minutes.
2) Add the rice, stirring to coat with the buttery juices, then pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Season well, cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes until the rice and chicken are cooked through and the stock has been absorbed. Season to taste and stir through a splash of cream, if you like.
Per serving (based on serving 6): 300kcal, 8.3g fat (2.5g saturated fat), 0.68g salt.
Products shown subject to availability.
*Not currently available in the Simply M&S range