M&S is proud to sell Yorkshire-grown cucumbers between March and October. Part and parcel of our British summer, cucumbers add a subtle flavour to fruity Pimms or an elegant touch to an afternoon tea. In this light summer salad, refreshing cucumber is perfect for balancing out fiery ginger and chilli.
Ready in: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 (as a starter or light lunch)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 x 140g packs raw Honduran prawns
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice 1 lime
- pinch caster sugar
- 25g pack fresh basil, leaves only
- 50g bag wild rocket
- 1 cucumber, halved, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- prawn crackers, to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli, and cook for 1 minute. Add the prawns and stir-fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until pink and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. To make the dressing, mix together 1 tbsp of the oil, the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside. Heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan and add the basil leaves. Fry for 1-2 minutes, until crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Divide the rocket among 4 serving plates and scatter with the cucumber. Spoon the prawns on top and drizzle over the dressing. Scatter over the fried basil leaves and serve with prawn crackers.
Tip: This is a lovely light lunch dish, but if want something a little more filling, toss with cooked rice noodles.
Per serving: 160 calories, 11.2g fat (1.6g saturated), 2.71g salt.