Versatile sweetcorn adds a splash of colour and crunch to any recipe. Only the sweetest varieties are selected by M&S to guarantee the best flavour possible. Perfect eaten off the cob with melted butter and seasoning, or equally delicious in these tasty rostis.
Ready in: 30 minutes, plus cooling and chilling
- 1 corn on the cob
- 2450g waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into equal-sized chunks
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 25g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 75g Manchego cheese
1) Heat the grill to high. Grill the corn cob for 10-12 minutes, turning 2-3 times. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, parboil the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, depending on size, until slightly soft at the edges but still firm. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
2) Coarsely grate the potatoes into a bowl. Stand the corn cob on one end and use a sharp knife to slice down between the kernels and the cob to remove all the kernels. Mix with the grated potato and season well. Stir in the spring onions, flour, 2 tbsp of the parsley and half the butter.
3) Divide the mixture equally into 8 balls, then flatten each one into a cake. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Heat the remaining butter and oil in a large frying pan. Cook the potato cakes over a gentle heat for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to 4 warmed serving plates.
4) Add the chorizo slices to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes each side. Arrange the chorizo over the rostis, then shave the cheese using a potato peeler and scatter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
Per serving: 480 calories, 33.1g fat (13.9g saturated), 1.42g salt.