Thanks for your interest, but this competition is now closed.
Our first sustainable suit will be launched in September 2012 and priced at Â£349. Mark Sumner, M&S Plan A Expert, commented, âThis a huge step forwards for the industry; it is the first time such an intricate garment has been made of sustainable materials, and as well as being one of the greenest garments available on the high street, it is incredibly stylish and something we hope our customers will be proud to wear.â
The different elements of the suit include:
- Wool â the suit is made from organic wool which is fully traceable back to the farms from where it is produced. In addition, all of the chemicals used in the production of the wool fibre are Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved, to reflect the fact that as the fibre has been organically produced.
- Lining â made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Canvas (used inside the main body of the suit) – made from recycled polyester.
- Buttons â reclaimed buttons.
- Pockets and waistband â made from reclaimed fabric.
- Labels â all of the labels inside the suit, even the âCare Instructionsâ, have been made from recycled polyester.
Remember, for your chance to win one of our sustainable suits, simply leave a comment below telling us how many sheep you think need to be sheared to produce just one of them.
Please read the Terms & Conditions before entering.